User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32/36 with lean plugs

Bodger

Thanks

32/36 with lean plugs

Hi all,

Running a 205 pinto with an Ashley system, FR30 cam in a standard injection head and a brand new Weber 32/36 with a K&N air filter. Car seems to run fine with no flat spots or pinking, but after a long run at around 60 mph, i check the plug colour and they are looking very lean, still white with a very light spot of tan brown. I have changed the main jets from 140s to 152 primary and 155 secondary and also played with the idle mixture screw on tickover to get the sweet spot. What can i do to richen it up more, go up on the primary main jet more?

Neil.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 Times in 2,253 Posts

Re: 32/36 with lean plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2Neil View Post
    Hi all,

Running a 205 pinto with an Ashley system, FR30 cam in a standard injection head and a brand new Weber 32/36 with a K&N air filter. Car seems to run fine with no flat spots or pinking, but after a long run at around 60 mph, i check the plug colour and they are looking very lean, still white with a very light spot of tan brown. I have changed the main jets from 140s to 152 primary and 155 secondary and also played with the idle mixture screw on tickover to get the sweet spot. What can i do to richen it up more, go up on the primary main jet more?

Neil.
    light throtte curse that doesnt sound too bad, stick a 155 in the primary and your be fine

Bodger

Thanks

Thanks Graham, i have a 155 so ill swop it. Was running twin 45s for a while but they were always running so rich. Great when you have your hoof down loads and the noise! but for just general driving around, the 32/36 is a much nicer carb to use in my case.

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Did you have the light coloured plugs with the 140 main jets? And then changed to 152/155?
    If yes, then that should be okay.

Bodger

Thanks

Hi Miniliteman, Yes they were lean looking with the original jets, so i went up a few sizes on the mains. Does run sweet as a nut though.

Neil

+ Reply to Thread