User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cam follower ratio for 2008 4.0l sohc ford cologne

Thanks

cam follower ratio for 2008 4.0l sohc ford cologne

having an issue finding the ratio of the cam follower. my ford shop manual says it's a 1.98:1 but others say it is 1.8:1 ratio. need to know for sure. I just had some new cams ground up at crane cams in florida for the mustang and need to know for sure the ratio. local ford man was clueless as usual.
    08 ford mustang 4.0l v6 4.10 gears5 speed auto vortech sc 16psi intercooled custom intake/meth inj.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,477 Times in 2,251 Posts

Re: cam follower ratio for 2008 4.0l sohc ford cologne

funny enough but ive just replaced a pair of head gaskets on one of these in a mustang, so i can picture the valve train assembly well,

because its a roller follower and the swept bit doesnt change like a pinto on you could probably do it simply by measuring the distances from the centre of the roller to centre of the contact points with the hydraulic post and where the follower contacts the valve.

however i think it would be better to meassure the cam lift and installed valve lift and work out the theoretical ratio that way

Thanks

Re: cam follower ratio for 2008 4.0l sohc ford cologne

yes I was thinking all of that but I am waiting for a set of custom valves from manley. was just looking to see if anyone had the info off hand. thanks for your reply.
    08 ford mustang 4.0l v6 4.10 gears5 speed auto vortech sc 16psi intercooled custom intake/meth inj.

+ Reply to Thread