User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TD Help!!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

TD Help!!

Hi

My new (ish) van is a 1.8 endura deisel, it's slow! verging on dangerous!! ha.

It's not so much it needs a new one as funds won't allow it, nor is the choice to get a Turbo version as the van is a steal for the money I paid.

A friend has a full turbo set up from an endura TD, I'm wondering if I can bolt it all up without it under fueling and going pop!! She can smoke a little so i'm guessing theres plenty of spare fuel to get burnt up.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject please??

Matt

World Champion Decade Plus User Pitstop's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: TD Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_jagger View Post
    Hi

My new (ish) van is a 1.8 endura deisel, it's slow! verging on dangerous!! ha.

It's not so much it needs a new one as funds won't allow it, nor is the choice to get a Turbo version as the van is a steal for the money I paid.

A friend has a full turbo set up from an endura TD, I'm wondering if I can bolt it all up without it under fueling and going pop!! She can smoke a little so i'm guessing theres plenty of spare fuel to get burnt up.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject please??

Matt
    Turbo engines run on a lower compression ration so I don't think it will work without going pop - in a big way!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
    Turbo engines run on a lower compression ration so I don't think it will work without going pop - in a big way!
    Well i've checked the specs and both engines run the same compression. As it's a compression ignition anyway, the car is actually running the way that would blow up a petrol engine. Thanks for the comment though. You can run up to 7psi on a decent petrol engine with no bother, and I used to have a high compression HCS that ran 10psi with an intercooler no problem. I just don't know that much about deisels to be sure of the outcome.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

turbo pump is different AFAIR.

better to just drop a td engine in. not forgetting to mount the intercooler at the front

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

the problem you have in bolting a turbo to an otherwise std diesel is that unless you can find a way to increase fueling is not that it will go bang but it simply wont go any faster

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

if it was a bosch pump you would be able to screw it out to get more diesel but it will produce more smoke than most ships off boost.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

i went ahead and dropped an endura td engine in a fiesta i had.

change the mounts, rotate the turbo to clear the servo and mod the down pipe. more or less just dropped in.

PATS is a bastard though. im just going to put a live to the solonoid on the pump until i get it running. after that i will have to get it reprogrammed.

+ Reply to Thread