User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zetec single carb info needed plz i have a 34dgas??? & an rs2000 dgav what to use?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

zetec single carb info needed plz i have a 34dgas??? & an rs2000 dgav what to use?

zetec single carb info needed plz i have a 34dgas??? & an rs2000 dgav what to use?

i'm a bit new to this, i plan to use megajolt for spar but need info really on how to make it all work, what others have done etc etc

where to buy rebuild kits for either carb

als o any info on what my 34 dgas would have come off?

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: zetec single carb info needed plz i have a 34dgas??? & an rs2000 dgav what to use

34 dgas was off a 2.5 litre essex v6, it will have small 24mm chokes so you would be better off with a 32/36 dgav,

the 34 dgas would work nicely on a mild x/flow though

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: zetec single carb info needed plz i have a 34dgas??? & an rs2000 dgav what to use

so i'm better off using the dgav, i have such a carb in decent condition,

when i fill the float bowls with brake cleaner & operate the throttle to squirt the fluid out of the pump jets i only seem to get fluid out of one side on either of the above carbs? i presume this is'nt normal

what route should i go with wither carb, they both seem in goon un-leaky condition apart from the above probs, cheers graham

i've downloaded the classic ford article on rebuilding a dgav, just need to attack the various screws/nuts & see if they'll undo before i order a rebuild kit

any hints 'n' tips on rebuilding either carb would be appreciated or some where or someone to send theym to that'll do a good rebuild on them for a fair price.....cheers all

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

when i fill the float bowls with brake cleaner & operate the throttle to squirt the fluid out of the pump jets i only seem to get fluid out of one side on either of the above carbs? i presume this is'nt normal
    thats normal and correct for a 32/36 dgav

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

brilliant brillian brilliant!!!! i'm chuffed to bits, i cleaned it all up yesterday with brake cleaner, it has all the linkage which in my opinion is a bit crap, its a wobbly affair is'nt it, i may take the throttle cam off the zetec throttle bodie, file it to shape & put it on the d-gav

my car is my daily driver so all out power is not what i'm after, i'm after a nice simple single carb zetec but if i could ring 150hp OR just improve the torque lower down the rpm range on the cheap thats what i'm after really

i have managed to get the cars weight down quite low compared to standard, cut out non-structual metel from various places's & panels & replaced the interiour to keep it comfy on a daily basis

i used to have a 4 speed so no having a 5 speed will help the mpg & also i have a 4ha axle to fit which has a 3.7 or 3.5 diff i believe so should defo improve the motorway work & mpg compared to the current 4.1 diff!

back to the dgav so basicly the 2nd choke on it just adds more air to the mixture when the 2nd butterfly opens then? i'm unsure if the water operated choke works on this thing i was assured by the chap i got it from it did but hey its a 2nd hand carby is'nt it, not sure at the mo what sort of position the flaps on the top should be in when cold but they are open when the carb is warmed in warm water in the sink D so somthing with the choke mech works to a point i suppose
    must admit i prefer a manual choke, i'm a bit oldschool like that

my plan is to port match the carb to the intake manifold then the intake manifold the the cylinder head, just do as many oldshool tricks as i can to help the airflo be a little more direct

is there a diagram anywhere that explains what all the screws operate on the dgav & what its basline setting for the screws should be? i have been pretty good setting up dcoe's once or twice but the dgav is a bit differant, how i'm gonna use my carb airflow balancer is beyond me????

if i can recondition the carb & optimise it make it work better for what i want from it then the rest i'll get to my local rolling road for him to setup properly when its all up & running

i feel a little excited about getting stuck in with the dgav, anyone else used this carb, is it standard jets ok for a zetec seeing as both are 2ltr cars?

cheers again graham & all

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

portmatching that reminds me i must buy some small roll pins damn i know i meant to pic somthing up this week

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

you dont need to balence a 32/36, it idles uing the primary barrel only, its idle mixture screw is in the base and the actual idle screw works the throttle stop on the linkage

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

graham your a top fella, can i change my current dgav to a manual choke rather than the water operated on thats on it, i'll get some pics of it as it stands at the moment after my cleaning session!

thats great i dont have to ballance it up, i presumed due to it being a twin barrel carby,

every dayz a school day eh!

it came from a running car but i did'nt get to hear it myself, i had to wait whilst the chap took the carb/intake of the car though, the only suspect looking part was i bit i'll take pics off, seemed to have petrol residue/staining, i think its where the diaphram is, or the power valve, the bit thats operation on a cam when opening/closing the throttle

Bodger

Thanks

Yes you can convert to manual choke iv'e ust done mine with a kit from Webcon.

http://www.webcon.co.uk/shop/shopexd.asp?id=2484

+ Reply to Thread