User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: single feed Jenveys??

FarFar south, any more and my feet are wet, sunny sussex
    Thanks

single feed Jenveys??

I am the proud owner of a set of Direct to head 45mm Jenveys for my 20XE, what has me a touch confused is the lack of return capability, as the end of the fuel rail is blanked off from new, how do I plumb it up,? are there pressure regulators with return feeds built in?

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,477 Times in 2,251 Posts

Re: single feed Jenveys??

Quote Originally Posted by v8ian View Post
    I am the proud owner of a set of Direct to head 45mm Jenveys for my 20XE, what has me a touch confused is the lack of return capability, as the end of the fuel rail is blanked off from new, how do I plumb it up,? are there pressure regulators with return feeds built in?
    its called dead heading, a lot of car manufacturers do it now, they still have the regulator its just usually immediately after the pump, basically you tee the regulator into the fuel line from the pump to the rail.
    up sides, less plumbing to and from the engine. Downside it takes longer to purge the system of air and if you have high under bonnet temperatures you are more likely to run into issue with fuel vaporisation

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    its called dead heading, a lot of car manufacturers do it now, they still have the regulator its just usually immediately after the pump, basically you tee the regulator into the fuel line from the pump to the rail.
    up sides, less plumbing to and from the engine. Downside it takes longer to purge the system of air and if you have high under bonnet temperatures you are more likely to run into issue with fuel vaporisation
    I'm not a fan of 'deadheading' - I know a lot of OEM's do it, but these have relatively smooth pressure requirements ie. no abrupt changes, whereas performance orientated systems can have significant flow changes causing pressure fluctuations before the 'remote' regulator catches up. I know its a personal thing but i'd always try to get a return into the system with reg. placed on end of rail before return.

Re : the OP issue - most Jenvey rails are drilled either end to allow flow (and a return) from either end to suit installation. What is present on the blank end?

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    . I know its a personal thing but i'd always try to get a return into the system with reg. placed on end of rail before return.
    me too, i always run a return from the rail

FarFar south, any more and my feet are wet, sunny sussex
    Thanks

I cant upload a JPG at the moment, but looking at the end of the fuel rail, its got an ally bung in it, and its been staked too, with a 3 sided stake, I would say done properly, not a home made item,

Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v8ian View Post
    I cant upload a JPG at the moment, but looking at the end of the fuel rail, its got an ally bung in it, and its been staked too, with a 3 sided stake, I would say done properly, not a home made item,
    jenvey may of even modified or supplied it like that, new fuel rail isnt expensive to buy........

+ Reply to Thread