User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Head gasket problem

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Head gasket problem

Hi everyone! I've been reading for years but I've finally decided to try to participate, share and help me... I have a Ford Sierra Pinto 205 engine with Cosworth pistons and connecting rods and a Pinto crankshaft. A year ago I mounted a 0.45 thick MLS cometic gasket and I have been having problems with the coolant, the coolant system pressurizes and drops it on the ground assuming that the gasket has broken... after releasing the gasket I am considering mounting a 61-27330-00 victor reinz gasket and torx screws, I will take the cylinder head to check to see if it is not bent. The engine is blown at 1.5 bar giving 245hp to the wheel and 398nm of torque with garrett gbc350 turbo. I need your advice, I would really appreciate it, regards

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Head gasket problem

the mls gasket needs a fine surface finish to head and block or it will not seal properly. the standard ford finish is too coarse
    Last edited by Graham; 10-02-2023 at 22:08.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Head gasket problem

Thanks for your answer. First of all, I'm going to take the stock to check and give it a fine finish, but I didn't intend to remove the block. Would it be convenient to also send the block to give it a smooth finish? I understand that Victor's gasket reinz that is not MLS has reinforcement in the compression rings. Is this suitable to mount it like this? thanks greetings

+ Reply to Thread